19th July, 2011
"We are not commonly aware of, nor do we usually identify, the larger number of nonviolent sociopaths among us, people who often are not blatant lawbreakers, and against whom our formal legal system provides little defense." Dr. M. Stout.
For humanity in general, or those who maintain morals and ethics by social and legislated laws, and even more so, those who are forced to introspection by a conscientious belief in God as witness, the non-violent psychopath remains outside the realm of comprehension, ergo invisible. Even to an evolved humanity, intellectual and informed, the stereotype psychopath is a blood-curdling maniac who kills for thrills without a conscience. As a result, the non-violent psychopath / sociopath, has flown under the radar to numbers far exceeding those of anorexics, cancer patients,...or schizophrenics who form the lowest number in this group of anti-social behaviorists.
Dr. Martha Stout, a psychologist and author who completed her professional training in psychology at the Mclean Psychiatric Hospital, where she obtained her Ph.D., informs us that psychopaths, in varying degrees of disorder, make up four percent of our population. What Dr. Stout may not know...yet, is that religious institutions are targeted havens by the smiling psychopath variety, and more so in sects and cults that offer the- "God on earth" parity.
Whereas humanity in a secular world is exposed daily to the criminal element of its species, thereby open to reality, the non-secular sector which adopts an 'Ostrich Syndrome,' denying fallacy in dictate or dogma, is the perfect sanctum for the sociopath. Unidentified and undiagnosed in a world given to mysteries, quirks, and idiosyncrasies, the lack of conscience, feelings of guilt, remorse or shame, and no matter what selfish, depraved or immoral activity is exhibited, the sociopath, like all his brethren, is considered divine and 'well situated' by the invocation of select verse and affiliate endorsements.
Imagine yourself in a world convinced you are a direct representative of God, as such, He (God) has taken away all your responsibilities ergo your only responsibility is to, for the price of surrender (whatever that may imply,) remove the burden of transgression from others who remain guilt-ridden and sinful. Now add to this fantasy the ability to conceal your psychological make-up which is clinically different to theirs. Since it is a given that conscience is universal among human beings, claiming to have a conscience where there is none, does not raise an eyebrow. In fact it is practically effortless. When this deception is practiced within the confines of a cult, the bar can be unreservedly raised to claim conscience on parity with God. Not only will the claim (mis) identify beatitude, but is proviso in corporate cults to distinguish guru from gullible and deva from doormat.
Once the sociopath has settled into his comfort zone, his desires are satiated free of guilt and shame, or from the confrontation of others who cannot perceive the ice water flowing through his veins. Because it is so bizarre, they refuse to see the elephant in the room. As a result he becomes completely free of restraints, his liberty to act out his fantasies is unhampered, without check or balance. He becomes conveniently invisible to a world that sees only what he displays, and grows evermore confident in his secret advantage vs. the handicap of others: a little voice in the head that keeps them in line, but remains conspicuous by absence in his mindspace...CONSCIENCE.
"How could you know someone all your life and never know they had a secret life of which you knew absolutely nothing." Sondra London, reflecting on her psychopath lover, mass murderer- John Shafer.
Having propped the scene and briefly outlined the play, allow us to identify our protagonist with a title that spotlights the role, unequivocally. We will call him "Guru," because in playing the role, conscience is the crux, whereas a sociopath has none. Besides, the contradiction does not simply present us with an elephant in the room, but an elephant adorned with sacred talismans, amulets, designs and motifs bestowed on the holiest of the holy by those who remain (even persistently) oblivious to this deep human dysfunction, which is arguably more significant to society than intelligence, race or gender.
So what profits a sociopath to don the mantle of a Guru? The answer is "Everything and Anything!" It depends largely on what his desires happen to be. Not even the most unscrupulous are the same. Some may prefer the ease of inertia, while others are filled with erotic dreams and wild fantasies. For violent psychopaths who manage to scale the dizzy heights of Gurudom, the most outré becomes possible. Unless stopped forcibly, they will do anything at the expense of anyBody.
When ISKCON "Guru" and Governing Body Commissioner (GBC,) Kirtanananda Swami (aka. Keith 'Piggy' Ham) was questioned by a reporter as to why/how dead bodies were dumped in the pond, he said- "What does it matter what you do with a dead body? What's it worth? A dead body, as far as we are concerned, is just another piece of earth. We put them in the ground and forget about them. And we don't see any reason to mark them."
For the smiling psychopath in Guru garb, a duplicitous life of personality disorders can continue all the way through to death without detection or confrontation. And when they discover that others of their ilk have taken position under the same guise, in the same institution, who are amply protected by civil rights, heavy cash flows, sect dogma and dictums, and by hardcore fundamentalists who are psychologically and philosophically programmed to protect the credo, all that remains is to establish psycho heaven on earth by legislating psycho-institutional laws, which is here demonstrated by the ISKCON' GBC: Iskcon Law No: 12.8 ".....and however much he may be dissatisfied with the exercise of that jurisdiction, he shall refrain from invoking the supervisory powers of the Civil Court, but seek redress of any grievance/s through the ISKCON judicial process. Otherwise he may be removed from office and / or his membership in ISKCON terminated (88)."
Permit us please, to bring under spotlight examples of psychopaths, both violent and smiling, who successfully infiltrated the ISKCON cult, enjoying lavish lifestyles as celibate "Gurus" provided for by their victims, and protected by ISKCON' GBC who endorsed them, and who (as revealed below) are proving to be a cluster of smiling psychopaths with similar personality disorders.
What our delving into this study reveals is that no matter how articulate the sociopath in presenting a facade, and no matter how easily the facade is erected and maintained within the bounds of a cult, uncontrollable sexual outbursts, more often than not, is what exposes the hiding sociopath.
It is of serious importance to note that the list below is a compilation of socio/psychopaths exclusive to the ISKCON cult elite, and chronicled over the last thirty-four years, or since the alleged homicidal poisoning of its preceptor. The list is ongoing, and does not include the names of many rank and file felons, due to the fact that they did not achieve fame as...Swami/Guru/GBC.
1. Bhavananda Goswami (aka. Charles Bacis, USA,) GBC and "Guru." Suspect in the alleged poisoning murder of ISKCON's Founder, A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Promoted as a celibate guru by the GBC even after being exposed as a pedophile and practicing homosexual. He was finally ousted for performing fellatio on a taxi-driver. Is being gradually introduced back into the fold with GBC approval. http://www.harekrsna.org/gbc/black/bhav.htm
2. Kirtanananda Swami (aka. Keith "Piggy" Ham, USA,) GBC and "Guru." Renowned pedophile and rampant homosexual. Wore a crown of gold and was paraded riding on a palanquin. Ran a prostitution racket. His confederacy murdered Sulochan das. Was on trial for six counts of mail fraud, three counts of racketeering, and one count each of conspiracy and interstate travel to commit murder for hire. In its indictment, the government said Ham used two murders, a kidnapping threat and beatings to maintain control of the illegal business scams that raised more than $10 million between 1981 and 1985 at the New Vrindaban community near Moundsville in West Virginia's Northern Panhandle. Is still a "Guru" now practicing in India. http://www.harekrsna.org/spirit/crimes1.htm
3. Radhanath Swami (aka. Dicky Slavin, USA) GBC and "Guru." Right-hand-man to Keith Ham, was there when the bodies were discovered. Identified by insiders as the 'bagman" and order-giver in the assassination of Sulochan Das. Still a practicing GBC and "Guru" within the cult. http://www.b-i-f.com/The%20Slayer%20Swami.html
4. Umapati Swami (aka. Wally Sheffy, USA,) GBC and "Guru." Exposed after decades, and only after being twice reported to his GBC confederacy, for homosexual activity with at least seven of his disciples. http://www.b-i-f.com/Umapati%20does%20china.html
5. Satsvarupa Das Goswami (aka. Stephen Guarino, USA,) GBC and "Guru." After four decades of living high on donations because he was "as good as God" his deception was discovered: .... "At this same time Srila Satsvarupa dasa Goswami's longtime editor and closest disciple Kaisori Devi Dasi Mataji rejected Srila Satsvarupa dasa Goswami. In confidence she related to several devotees that Srila Satsvarupa dasa Goswami and Prananda dasi Mataji had become attached and their relationship became sexual in nature. She said that they could not have intercourse because of Maharajas medication but that they had a sexual relationship including kissing and fondling with no clothes....[....]....he has developed a drug habit and that he does not partake in any devotional programs. Here readers can see how his GBC confederacy, even after revelation, continue to promote him as something he is not: http://www.dandavats.com/?p=5000
6. Lokanatha Swami (born 1949, Aravade, Maharashtra, India) GBC and "Guru." Here we have another case of deception carried out over decades. As a guest at the home of cult members, this "Guru" was touching / feeling a young girl child. What comes to the fore, more so than in any other exposé, is a 'leaked' GBC report on the matter which identifies them as a cluster without conscience. http://www.b-i-f.com/Other_Matters_1.htm
"Though no consensus exists as to whether paedophilia is genetic or environmental in origin, therapists at Coalinga agree that it can?t really be cured." (BBC report on Coalinga psychiatric facility.) When we consider this statement and the fact that ISKCON is legally and historically cited as guilty of the largest number of pedophile cases of any single institution on the planet, without exposing, prosecuting, or excommunicating even one member of its pod, the question must be asked:- "Has the GBC found a cure where every medical program and practitioner has failed? If not, what are the ISKCON harbored pedophiles doing now? Or is this a case of- Surgeon heal thyself?
7. Harikesh Swami (aka. Robert Campagnola, USA,) GBC and "Guru." He, after receiving endorsement from his brethren GBC, built up a following of thousands. After meeting a big-breasted "pranic healer" named Monika, he dumped his following, grabbed a few million, and headed off to his updated version of psycho paradise. http://www.harekrsna.org/pada/hks/harikesh_saga.htm
8. Prabhavisnu Swami (aka. Paul Barrow, Ireland) GBC and "Guru." Was seen engaging with prostitutes in Bangkok. Even after being reported to his GBC confederacy, they have done nothing. It is now believed that Barrow's position as GBC in Russia (a country being exploited successfully by ISKCON's smiling and dancing sociopaths,) is reason he remains unexposed and uncensored.
9. Indradyumna Swami (aka. Brian Tibbitts, USA,) GBC and "Guru." This "celibate" swami is also a GBC in the Russian zone. We need say no more other than to point readers here: http://prabhupadavision.com/2011/07/indradyumna/
10. Bhakti Tirtha Swami (late) (aka. John Favors. aka. Toshombe Abdul, Africa,) GBC and "Guru." Claimed to be directed by God to take charge and organize the 33 million demigods. Also claimed to "
We will stop here, and present our readers with names of the exposed (many remain hidden). Just because we have not included these names as part of our list above, does not mean they are to be mistaken as rank and file, or their acts of indecency to be considered minor. They are/were members of the cult's leadership, and their atrocities/deceptions actionable in a secular world. If our readers desire to know more about the characters we name below, it would be interesting to hear how the GBC interprets data from their case files. Ask them, and let us know what they say:
11. Bhakti Balabh Puri Goswami. 12. Param Gati Swami. 13. Bhagavan Das Goswami. 14. Agrani Swami. 15. Ananda Svarupa Swami. 16. Bhakti Abhay Caran Swami. 17. Bhakti Prabhav Maharaj. 18. Ganapati Swami. 19. Hansadutta Swami. 20. Isvara Swami. 21. Jagad Guru Swami. 22. Jagadish Maharaja Swami. 23. Narahari Swami. 24. Panchadravida Swami. 25. Paramgati Swami. 26. Radha Krishna Swami. 27. Suhotra Swami. 28. Vipramukhya Swami. 29. Bhakti Vidya Purna Swami. 30. Somaka Swami. 31. Atreya Rsi Das. 32. Jayatirthi Das. 33. Kshiti Mohan. 34. Maharam Das Adhikari. 35. Paramananda. 36. Prthu Das. 37. Ram Govinda Das. 38. Rohini Suta Das. 39. Rukmini Pati Das. 40. Rupanuga Das. 41. Vaninath Vasu Das. 42. Nitai Chand Swami. 43. Vegavan Das. 44. Satadhanya Swami: Suspect in the alleged poisoning murder of ISKCON's founder, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Still active within the cult. He is also an identified and exposed sexual abuser of students within the cult's schools (but never exposed to secular law or cliniical assessment.) Here is a recorded complaint from ISKCON's Child Protection Office files: 'He continually tried to penetrate me anally either with his penis or with his finger and would become frustrated and angry as I would begin bleeding. Whilst this was going on he would have the door locked and would be saying things to me like, " I am a sunnyasi (Swami) and I am doing this, why are you not wanting to do this?'
"The high incidence of sociopathy in human society has a profound effect on the rest of us who must live on this planet, too, even those of us who have not been clinically traumatized. The individuals who constitute this 4 percent of society, drain our relationships, our bank accounts, our accomplishments, our self-esteem, our very peace on earth. Yet surprisingly, many people know nothing about this disorder, or if they do, they think only in terms of violent psychopathy- murderers, serial killers, mass murderers- people who have conspicuously broken the law, and who, if caught, will be imprisoned, maybe even put to death by our legal system. We are not commonly aware of, nor do we usually identify, the large number of nonviolent sociopaths among us, people who are not often blatant lawbreakers, and against whom our legal system provides little defense." (The Sociopath Next Door.)
For those saddled by sociopaths in cult clusters using sect tools, shock-jocks, spin doctors, and propaganda as rein, it will take more than mere realization to spit the bit in a quest for freedom. The encounter will leave victims mentally scarred, financially depleted, and in most cases- in need of psychiatric assessment and clinical treatment.
In the 1830's the disorder was called "moral insanity." By 1900 it was changed to "psychopathic personality." More recently it has been termed "antisocial personality disorder." According to the research undertaken by psychologists H. Cleckley and R. Hare, we present for our readers a checklist of traits common to the smiling psychopath. See if you can spot the cult "Guru," or more appropriately- not spot the cult "Guru."